When one of us faces a challenge, we all face it together.
As the world navigates the challenges and threats from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we at Air Products are continuing to share information to help maintain the health and safety of our colleagues, customers, suppliers, and communities. This is our top priority, as ever.
We have established this web page for updates on COVID-19 as they pertain to Air Products and our stakeholders, and we will continue to update with relevant information.
Let's continue to stand united, stay informed, and stay safe.
April 07, 2020
As you know, safety is something we take very seriously, along with ensuring customers do not experience interruptions to their gas supply.
We have been identified by Government as a critical supplier and our engagement with them will continue to ensure that our supply to critical infrastructure sectors is recognised.
We wanted to let you know that our business in Ireland is still operating as normal at this time. As you are probably aware, there has been a directive from Government on who is part of the essential businesses list, the details can be viewed at https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a7e66d-latest-guidance-on-public-health-measures.
Our Business Continuity Plans are in place, our supply chain is operating as usual, we’re producing and distributing to those customers identified as essential businesses. We have seen a slight increase in demand from some industries, whereas others have reduced or stopped operating. We are not in lockdown.
We are taking all appropriate steps to keep our employees and customers safe. Our regional and global teams continue to monitor the situation and we have implemented a number of proactive steps, which include:
- Reinforcing/practicing good hygiene practices amongst our workforce, and in parallel our sites have implemented increased cleaning and disinfecting frequency.
- Moving our employees to their home environment to work where practical and setting them up with all the equipment they need. This includes our Customer Service and Scheduling teams.
- Minimising contact with other site work teams, with communications carried out remotely if practical.
- Implementing procedures to segregate specific personnel to secure supply.
- Restricting access to site visitors and making all meetings virtual whenever possible. For authorised people entering site, additional health protocols have been applied.
- Utilising the skills of our employees by completing significant levels of cross-training.
- Drivers supporting industries that have seen a decline in recent weeks have been redeployed to support the requirements from other key sectors.
As we know, this is a dynamic situation, we are continuing to monitor and take appropriate steps to prepare for potential future needs as best we can. If our supply situation changes, we will inform you as soon as possible.
Go to Air Products COVID-19 Information Center (English) >